You are able to submit an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certification or commemorative marriage certification package—if you or perhaps the individual you’re trying to get were hitched (and also the wedding registered) when you look at the state.
Your registered celebrant or minister that is registered of must record your wedding with us. We do not immediately deliver a certification whenever a married relationship is registered. You ought to purchase one.
You can find 3 kinds of wedding certificate—standard, commemorative and ceremonial. Merely a standard wedding certification can be utilized for formal purposes and evidence of modification of title through marriage. You may also make use of your standard wedding certification whenever deciding on federal federal government agencies and banking institutions.
The ceremonial wedding certificate directed at you by the authorized celebrant or authorized minister of faith just isn’t formal. You can’t utilize it to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages come with a marriage certificate that is standard.
The interstate or overseas registering authority to get your certificate if you were married outside Queensland, contact.
Simple tips to use
It will require you significantly less than ten minutes to fill in this application.
- Answer the concerns.
- Select the way you want to spend the charge.
- Review your details.
- Browse the email you are sent by us to discover how exactly to finalise the application.
- Get proof of ID papers certified with a Justice for the Peace or any other person that is authorised.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or in individual.
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
Post your finished application, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), along with your documents that are certified:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We will commence to process the job once we get your articles.
Processing timeframes for properly done applications that have got all the proof that is required of and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional cost)
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to produce your wedding certification to your target.
Browse any one of the following locations:
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at amount 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs within the Community in the event that you pay online
Bring your finished application form, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of and other supporting documents (if required).
In the event that you distribute your precisely done application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre while the wedding was already registered, the certification is supposed to be provided to you instantly, unless registered before 1963.
In the event that wedding had been registered before 1963, the certification will undoubtedly be prepared after 2.30pm the business day that is next. Urgent certificates ($29.35) may be prepared in 3 hours ( or perhaps the next working day after 1.30pm) if you apply.
Processing timeframes for properly completed applications which are submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office with the proof that is required of and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 business days for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no fee that is additional
- 2 company days for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to supply your marriage certification to your target.
JPs within the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times stay the exact same, and begin from the time you have got confirmed your ID.
Spend the cost
The cost that is total determined whenever you fill out the applying form on line. You are able to spend:
- By bank card (Visa or MasterCard)
- During the customer care centre
- By EFTPOS or bank card
- With money
- By having a company account cheque
- With a bank cheque
- By having a cash purchase
- Through the mail
- By bank card
- By having a company account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- By having a cash purchase.
Make cheques and cash instructions payable to ‘Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages’.
We usually do not accept individual cheques.
|Commemorative marriage certification package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certification (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed when you look at the cost when you purchase a certificate to be delivered by mail.
You can easily request to have your certification posted by registered or express chaturbate post for the cost.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the wedding application form that is certificate
E-mail bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we answer to online enquiries within 2 business days.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) Overseas +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines available Monday–Friday, 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs may be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Get the PDF application form
If you’re struggling to finish the form online, you can make use of the PDF application form thereby applying by post or perhaps in individual.
Do so online
Correct a certification
See how to alter wrong or missing information from the full time associated with the occasion.